Saturday, January 3, 2015

Grilled Chicken Sausage & Roasted Broccoli

If I let him, my fiance would eat sausage every day.  I'm not even joking around!  Sausages to him are like frozen pizza to others.  Although he loves those too...who am I kidding?  I LOVE frozen pizzas!

We are on day four of South Beach Phase One, and my fiances eyes lit up when I said, "I got us some sausages".  Then the sigh followed when I mentioned they were chicken sausages.

If you're gonna eat sausages during this phase of your meal plan, make sure they are chicken or turkey.  Also look at the fat on the back of the package.  You want to find the lowest fat possible.  These chicken sausages had 7 grams of fat per sausage.  I ate one, and my fiance had two.

We served them with a little bit of Bar-B-Q sauce and roasted broccoli.   Have you ever roasted broccoli?!! Oh- my - goodness!!!!  It is amazing!!  Roast it on high heat around 425 for about 20 minutes, and it will get charred on the edges and turns amazingly sweet!

Like my Facebook page for more recipes=> DeAnna Lee




Grilled Sausages and Roasted Broccoli
1 - 2 chicken sausages per person
1 bag broccoli florets
1 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper
1.  Preheat the grill to medium-high heat.  Also preheat your oven to 425 degrees.

2.  On a sheet pan spread out the broccoli in one even layer.  Coat with olive oil, salt, and pepper. Then use your hands to mix them together making sure the broccoli is covered evenly.  Pop into your heated oven and roast 20 - 25 minutes or until lightly charred on the edges.

3.  Meanwhile grill each sausage 5 -6 minutes per side.

4. Serve with your favorite low-calories sauce.  Only use a tablespoon or so.  You don't want to blow this low fat meal by eating a cup of fattening sauce.  ;)







No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!