Saturday, January 18, 2014

Touchdown Chicago

I made it to the windy city and even walked around outside without turning into vapor or getting myself frozen to anything.  Just a week ago Chicago was frozen over inside what meteorologists were calling a polar vortex.   There's several inches of fresh snow on the ground now, but it's manageable and in the upper 20's.  It's practically a heat wave!   

With my fear of the weather out of the way, it was time to tackle another fear of the unknown associated with this trip... meeting and staying with friends of my fiance whom I've never met.  

As soon as Sara opened her door, she had a huge smile on her face and welcomed me into her home like I was an old friend. Her husband Brian is fun and full of life and also had a big grin from ear to ear.  They are celebrating his 40th birthday this weekend.  So seconds after Sara showed me to my room, Brian's entire family showed up to have birthday cake.  They all introduced themselves to me and were super friendly.  It was like I had been a part of the clan all along. Not a beat was skipped.  Everyone ate cake, sang Happy Birthday to Brian, and we all had a lively chat.   

After the family left, Sara, Brian and myself sat around chatting about our families.  It was so much fun to meet Brian's family moments after meeting him, then get the real scoop on his family after they left.  What a fun evening all the way around!  

I finally got to speak to my fiance a few minutes ago.  He's living up the bachelor life back in Seattle.  I think he may go see a friend's band play in our neighborhood tonight.  Did you know he is one of the biggest reasons why I am here in Chicago?  Maybe while I'm waiting for my audition tomorrow I'll tell you the story of how I got the courage to share my dream with my FBP and his reaction.  You'll LOVE this story! I've got a keeper is all I can say right now as I am so tired!  

Tomorrow is the big day!  Sleepy time... Nighty Night and God speed! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!