Sunday, January 19, 2014

The Voice Audition Experience

The entire day was a blast in Chicago!  There was so much energy at the convention center.  People warming up everywhere.  Voices carrying over the top of other voices. Folks strumming guitars, and then there were those who looked scared for their lives.  

Me?  I was just happy to be there!  I kept thinking over and over how great it was to be in Chicago chasing a dream.  I'm not just talking about doing it!  I'm actually here getting it done!  I could not stop smiling!   

I have to give props to the people who set up the audition process and managed the crowd flow for the day.  They definitely had it down to a science.  I arrived at 1:45 pm for my 2 pm audition.  We were immediately checked in and asked to get into lines.  


In the background of this picture are all of the lines, and the people closest to you are just arriving and asked to choose a line.  

The first line only took about 1 1/2 hours.  While waiting in this line, I met the sweetest people from Chicago.  This is Lana (middle) and her friend who came to support her.  


Lana is a senior in high school and wants to go to college to earn a broadcast journalism degree.  She asked for a few tips on how to get into the business.  We had a lovely chat!  Lana has a bright future ahead of her.  Shout out to Lana's mom too who was a very sweet lady! 

We were taken 3 lines at a time to get our bags checked to make sure we weren't carrying any guns, lighters, or contraband.  

Then we were asked to wait in another line to get our wristbands and get scanned into the process. 


If you look behind this The Voice sign there are chairs, and this is where we were asked to wait next.    

This is when I changed out of my cowboy boots into my sassy stilettos.  


At this point, they took us all into the ballroom part of the convention center.  We were then separated into groups of 10, and we were taken into one of six audition rooms.  Each of the audition rooms had a "producer" in it.  

Our "producer" was a 25 year old female with a lap top and a pen.  I guess I was a little surprised by that, because I just imagined it would be a panel of people.  I also assumed they might be a little older.  

All 10 of us were brought into the room and sat down.  The producer called each of us up one at a time by name.  When it was my turn, I bounced up there.  I sang The Judds "Turn It Loose", and she let me sing a little longer than she did some of the other people in our group.  So I was thinking this was a really good sign.  Even though while I was singing, she didn't really look at me much.  She was doing a lot of writing and typing. 

At the end she said, there are a couple of you in here that have great potential.  I am not doing call backs today, so thank you very much. 

So we all left.  As I went to put my boots back on and ditch the heels, I started thinking about what she said.  What did she mean?  I'm not calling anyone back right now?  I'm not calling anyone back in your group?  I took it to mean none of us made it through, but everyone else in the group seemed to be confused too. 

Either way, I had a great time today!  I discovered something about myself with this journey.  Courage is fear that has said its' prayers!  I have fear about so many things, but I don't want to live that way.  I am going to live in Faith!  Faith is WAY more fun than fear!!! 

I'm also fired up to start another band!  My FBP has said that he would like to play with me.  I've been talking about doing this for a long time actually, and now that my secret is out it's time to kick this thing into high gear!  

One more thing...

Your support through all of this has meant the world to me! Just when I thought you may have slipped away a little, there you were right where we left off.  It has lifted my joyful heart and makes me want to sing and never stop again!  Thank you for your comments, love, and prayers!  Y'all rock!  

Until I see you, God bless!  Keep those Boots Up! AND...

Go Seattle Seahawks! We're going to the Super Bowl BABY! 

8 comments:

  1. Way to go Dee, love ya keep following your heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. You have got to follow your dreams, go get them DeAnna!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Follow His lead and you can't go wrong! You just never know :) Such a big adventure you are beginning! Go DeeLee, oh and Go Hawks too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Rooting for ya all the way!....and the Hawks too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deanna Lee,

    Your faithful followers will always be behind you. You lit up our world daily with you voice and I for one am looking forward to hearing it again and again. You have a wonderfully soulful voice that is going to take you places. Now head up and keep those boots a movin! Love ya!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'll always be watching and living vicariously through you. Keep following your dreams! You're pretty amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Boogie and Kiddo RogersJanuary 20, 2014 at 5:40 PM

    It was their big loss, Deanna! Boogie and I are behind you 100%! Missing you here in Birmingham! Hope to see you again soon! Love you very much!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a wonderful experience. I'm shocked though, that you did not get a call back. But.... that could mean that bigger and better things are in store for you. Keep those boots a movin'

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!