Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Bruschetta Salmon & Zucchini

You may have seen my blog where I confessed to losing 20 pounds, and I was really honest about how I did it;  NO alcohol or sodas, riding my new bicycle (even in the rain), and lots of lean proteins and veggies.  

Since then, I have lost an additional 10 pounds eating as clean as I can.  I shop the perimeters of the grocery and make my fiance's mouth water with tasty dinners!  

Here is what I whipped up for dinner last night.  I bought Bruschetta topping at Trader Joes for a couple of bucks, and it's super yummy.  I thought it would be delicious on a nice piece of baked salmon.  This is EASY to make, super yum, and all the way healthy!! 



Bruschetta Baked Salmon & Zucchini 

1 piece of fresh salmon 
3 - 4 tbsp. bruschetta topping (Trader Joes in cheese section) 
1 large zucchini sliced 
1 lemon
olive oil
salt and pepper
parchment paper

Preheat the oven 400 degrees. 

In one large piece of parchment paper, layer the sliced zucchini then add salt and pepper.  Place the salmon on top of the zucchini.  Salt and pepper the salmon, then squeeze the fresh lemon juice on top.  Add the bruschetta topping on the salmon.  Put a lemon slice or two on top. 

Fold up the parchment paper to seal the fish and veggies inside. 





Bake 25 minutes.  Cut open parchment paper and serve with brown rice. Or you can do like me and leave the rice out all together!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!