Tuesday, January 21, 2014

Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Meatloaf

I've been going crazy with the meatloaf variations lately.  It's so much fun to come up with different flavor profiles! 

This was inspired by my fiance and his love for Buffalo hot sauce, plus I just happened to have a container of blue cheese in the fridge.  It was so yummy!  If you love blue cheese, you will totally dig this recipe! 

Now if you DON'T like blue cheese, I made half the loaf with it and half without.  My fiance doesn't eat cheese!  Crazy!!! I know! 

I packed this loaf with tons of healthy veggies and spinach!




Here's what I did: 

Buffalo Blue Cheese Chicken Meatloaf 

1 lb. ground chicken 
1/2 onion
1 carrot 
1 bell pepper
1 bag spinach
1/2 cup chicken stock
4 garlic cloves
1 cup bread crumbs
1 egg
Blue Cheese- enough to create one layer on the loaf 
3 tablespoons Buffalo sauce 
1 tbsp. honey 
salt and pepper
olive oil

Preheat the oven 400 degrees.

Saute the onion, carrot, bell pepper, and garlic.  Then add the spinach and begin to wilt.  Now add the chicken stock and wilt the spinach the rest of the way. Let this mixture cool.  

Add veggies and spinach to a large bowl with ground chicken.  Add the bread crumbs and egg.  Because my FBP doesn't eat cheese, I only added a little blue cheese to this mixture.  But if you want, you can add 1/4 of a cup or so.

Mound the bottom of the loaf, then add a layer of blue cheese.  Notice how I added blue cheese to only one side of the loaf for my fiance?  The things we do for love, huh?! 




Now put the rest of the mixture around the blue cheese to form a complete loaf.  

Bake for 25 minutes at 400.  

In a small bowl mix together Buffalo sauce and honey.  Remove the loaf after 25 minutes and top with the buffalo sauce mixture. 

Bake another 20 minutes.




I serve this with roasted brussel sprouts.  It's my "go to" veggie.  

The blue cheese oozed out of the middle, and it was tangy and delicious with the Buffalo sauce on the top!  My fiance loved this too!  






No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!