Monday, January 5, 2015

Zucchini Pasta & Red Sauce

I luuuuuuuuuurve pasta!  If given a choice, I would be face down in a bowl of pasta covered with cheese every single day!

That won't quite work on the meal plan I started for the New Year.  I've lost 5 pounds in the last six days!  I'm feeling great!  I've managed to get rid of the holiday weight, now to ditch the last five pounds that have been haunting me since I started noshing on candy around Halloween.

I had some left over red sauce from a dish I made yesterday, so I decided to make zucchini noodles to finish the sauce.  I used the new mandolin I got for Christmas to slice the zucchini.  I also used some yellow squash.

Like my page for more recipes==>DeAnna Lee



I could not tell this wasn't real pasta!  As a matter of fact, I think I may like it better than pasta!!  I didn't feel weighed down after I ate it, but I did feel full.  All from these little veggies that are easy to cut and prepare!




Zucchini Pasta & Red Sauce


 
2 zucchini
2 yellow squash
1 tsp. salt
2 cups red sauce recipe==> Beefy Red Sauce

 
1.  Slice zucchini and squash using a mandolin, then slice the vegetables into strings.

2. Place the veggies in a colander over a bowl.  Salt lightly and let sit on the counter for 20 minutes to draw out the moisture.  Then squeeze the veggies gently with a paper towel to get out the excess water.

3.  Over medium heat in a large skillet add the red sauce.  Once the sauce is warmed through, add the zucchini and squash pasta to the pan.  Let warm through only two minutes.  You don't want to over cook the vegetables. They will get mushy.

Serve immediately!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!