Monday, November 4, 2013

What REALLY Happened Last Friday?

Hey Y'all, 

I wanted to find a place where I could share some of my feelings, and if you are interested you can learn a little more about what I've been going through recently.  


The last couple of days I have been through a whirlwind of emotions.  Relying on my faith alone, I have completely surrendered and turned it all over.  Right before I walked into the big boss's office where I was told Friday was my last day, I asked God to go before me and help me.  


But let me back up a bit.  My stomach had been in knots for weeks, because I had been asking about my contract renewal for over two months.  I was told to be patient and when it was time, the plans would be shared with me.  


Well it was time, and I was a wreck all day!  As I walked past the threshold of the door where I would be terminated, the calmest calm I've ever known came over me.  As they told me the news, I almost smiled as I said "ok".  I told the big boss, "I have learned some valuable lessons working here, and some of them have been from you".  I've never seen this man be taken aback by anyone's comments, but in this moment he was quite speechless.  I gotta be honest!  I don't know where those words came from because it was as if something was speaking through me.  I got up, stuck out my hand and said, "thank you for the opportunity", and I shook his hand.  As I left his office, I was laughing at myself on the inside because it almost felt like I was one of those contestants on The Voice thanking everyone for the opportunity to be there.   It made me giggle.  Yes, I was giggling after being told I had just performed my last show for that company.  


I say all of this to you, because there was a power much greater than me at work in that office on Friday.  I'm strong, but I'm not THAT strong.  After my stomach being in knots all day and feeling like I was on a sea of wild emotions worrying about this "meeting" and after asking God to go before me and help me, I was wrapped in the warmest embrace.  Every nerve was eased and every fear calmed.  


The next thing I had to do was share this news with my fiance.  He has never been through a "restructuring" in radio, so he was completely shell shocked at first.  But he stayed calm throughout all of it.  My FBP (Favorite Bass Player -that's his nickname) is my rock, and it takes a lot to rattle him.  I love the way he loves me!   I keep thinking that somewhere, sometime I musta' done somethin' good to deserve that kind of love.  It's a true comfort in times like these. 


I wanted to personally thank you for reaching out to me on Facebook and Twitter.  All of your messages, well wishes, and thoughts have made me realize that all of my hard work was not in vein.  You really do mean the world to me!  I'm just a good ol' southern girl who was raised in the woods and has a deep down to the hillbilly bone love for country music.  I always feel a kindred spirit with anyone who loves country music, and y'all have made a huge impression on me.  You've taken over a huge part of my heart!   I'm still in Seattle, and if you are interested I'm going to continue to blog.  I've got a couple of surprises for you!  Plus, I want to continue to share my recipes, thoughts,  and whatever else is going on in my Boots Up world.  


I hope you will stick around until I land on my boots! 


Thanks for reading and keepin' it country!  Boots Up Y'all!   


Your girl, 


DeeLee 






  

30 comments:

  1. I am so glad you are still around but I will miss hearing your voice....

    Amy L.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think they made a serious mistake & this is one girl who won't be listening to the Wolf again. But enough about them...the bottom line is that your spirit & energy are contagious and draw people in and they can't take that from you. You deserved better than what you were handed, but maybe that "better" can only come by closing that door. I will miss hearing your voice each day & feeling that positive vibe you give out, but I will def. follow you where ever you go...Thank you for allowing us to be part of your life & for making us all feel like friends. Now go out there and "shake it!"

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow I'm In shock, I didn't know. Its been a crazy week. I'm so sad but I'm glad god has you by your hand walking through a new journey and your FBP supporting you all the way. I will miss your voice on the radio. Thank you sharing all your stories ! May God Bless You.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That is insane. I have no idea what was going through their heads to let you go. :( good to hear you were Gods hands through that meeting. Look forward to reading your blogs and your next adventure. ♥

    ReplyDelete
  5. So glad you are sticking around but, I too, will miss having you on the radio everyday :) I didn't like when you took days off (selfish I know lol)... now what? I am so glad you had that peace come over you in your meeting and will definitely keep following you and keeping eyes out for your upcoming surprises :) Best wishes!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm Gonna Miss You Deanna Lee Your A Great Person With An Awesome Personality

    ReplyDelete
  7. DeeLee I have to say I have been here for years and have switched stations every time there was a "restructure I didn't agree with" You were a constant for me and you are what kept me at the Wolf. I know I keep telling you how much you did for me when my son was deployed but honestly I am still in your debt and always will be for you helping me get through one of the hardest years of my life. The fact that you remember people and their names and faces when you meet so very many people that want your attention is a rare gift. The fact that you are a southern girl like I am gave me a bit of home when I was so out of sorts. When I have been sad and suffering I could turn on the radio or send you a note and you always made the sun shine through the gray day. If you need a thing call on me. Work on planing that wedding and enjoy some time off with your FBP you have earned it. I feel in my heart and soul that you will find a better outlet for that wonderfully personality that you have and so look forward to watching or listening to you grow as you go forth. I am happy that the Lord was with you when you had to face that meeting those things are awful. Hugs loves and the best of wishes I know you will land on your feet and what ever you do its so going to make them all look like fools to lose someone like you. Keep the faith girl keep the faith.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. hmm that posted with out who I am. Sorry for that but it is Jana or better known as Kyle's mom.

      Delete
  8. Stay strong and remember that you might need to look for that open window since the door was closed. Keep your faith, it sounds like that guided you through!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Today just wasn't the same. You were/are my happy spunky gal that got me ready for my work day, while Nick was my relaxing ride home. I'm glad your staying in Seattle and can't wait for you do land on your boots again. God Bless and keep smiling!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. DeAnna Lee, you are the reason I listen to day time radio. I work from home so I could watch tv, netflix, youtube, on demand or whatever. But I chose to listen to you The Wolf. I will miss you greatly. Please stay in touch. Good luck in this job market. Let me know if you need a lackey to run errands ....both my roommies are looking for work too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. I will enjoy your post's, wherever you go I am sure we all will follow you keep up the great work !

    ReplyDelete
  12. In my opinion, you are already standing tall in those boots! Can't wait to see and hear where God is leading you next!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Proud of you girlie! You will definitely be missed, but I have no doubt that you well land on your boots! :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Deanna darling, thank you for hosting our silly bachelor/ bachelorette chats. That small gesture gave me something to look forward to each week during the last two years of my husband's deployments. It was a chance to hang out with the girls, where I didn't need a babysitter, could go in my PJs, and just unwind and celebrate making it through another week. You and the girls will always feel Like friends, and hold that special memory in my heart. It wasn't about the show, or the jokes. It was simply enough to be included, and part of the group. Thank you so much. Love ya girl. -your favorite snarky girl ;)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Awe DeeLee I'm so sad to hear this!! But am happy to hear God was with you every step of the way and you have an awesome, supportive fiance! You're an amazing person and something fantastic will come along. Love ya girl and I will follow wherever you go!

    ReplyDelete
  16. I stopped listening to the morning show after Mary 'disappeared,' but I kept tuning in to the brite spots on the station. You were the best dj they had and riding on your wave of calm Ill thank them for letting you move on to do something better. Thanks for coming to Seattle and sharing yourself with the country listeners here. <3 ya!

    ReplyDelete
  17. God's power is amazing. I sad and heartbroken you had to go through this but grateful and excited god was by yoyr side. Since this means he had bigger and better plans for you. I cannot wait to see where he takes you

    ReplyDelete
  18. Sad to see u go...but hope to see u at bourbon jacks still- at least once in a while!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love you deelee the wolf will not sound the same without your cheerful voice everyday. Of course I will still follow you, and raff your blogs. Twitter chat with ya... I'm not going anywhere, and will follow you until the dust has settled and you get where ever those lovely boots are supposed to land next. I'm here for ya girl. Love ya god bless keep in touch
    laura day oak harbor :-)

    ReplyDelete
  20. I am so very glad to hear you say you put it all in God's hands. He has a new plan for ya. I of course will miss you on the radio and will follow your blog. Damn sounds as if I'm a stalker! Lol but anyways my friend, one door has closed, but many more are opening for you. As a few mention, you are a gift from God for a lot of us. You remember folks, you are always pleasant and smiling, you are so open and genuine. Yes, the Wolf made a huge mistake letting you go as you brought so much talent and listeners. Because of you and chats and things you have done in the community brought folks closer together and even got some folks outta the house! Love ya girl!

    ReplyDelete
  21. :) It will all come together! :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. You go girl! You are strong! I am so sad to see you go, but glad that you are ready to put those books back on and shake it! We are behind you! You will continue to do great things! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow. You left with your head held high. No burning bridges. Class act. I loved your show and fb posts. You will be missed. Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  24. what a shock, but not really, that station doesn't know how to keep the good women! You are right, God is ever present and it sounds like you have His blessings, the only that count. I'm glad you are staying in Seattle, cant wait to hear of your new adventures!

    ReplyDelete
  25. You were one of my favorites on the Wolf, you made me laugh and cry, so sorry that you are leaving, you my friend will be in my thoughts and prayers and I will continue to follow you. From another country girl with Arkansas roots.

    ReplyDelete
  26. Awww...man...I'm so sorry you lost your job and so happy for your new found freedom. Thank you for sharing your story. Nothing but good things will be coming your way. The smile you had leaving the office is the smile that will lead you to wonderful opportunities.

    I'm happy for you but a little sad because I was finally coming on Friday to line dance. I even got my friends to agree and they aren't true fans, but it's my birthday tomorrow so they had to give in. I'm going to smile and whatever happens happens. Best wishes...

    ReplyDelete
  27. I'm a forever fan. You have a great future in front of you!

    ReplyDelete
  28. . . . "As they told me the news, I almost smiled as I said "ok". I told the big boss, "I have learned some valuable lessons working here, and some of them have been from you". I've never seen this man be taken aback by anyone's comments, but in this moment he was quite speechless. I gotta be honest! I don't know where those words came from because it was as if something was speaking through me. I got up, stuck out my hand and said, "thank you for the opportunity", and I shook his hand. As I left his office, I was laughing at myself on the inside because it almost felt like I was one of those contestants on The Voice thanking everyone for the opportunity to be there. It made me giggle. Yes, I was giggling after being told I had just performed my last show for that company....."

    That's awesome Dee. Like I told you a few weeks ago, when one door closes, another opens. In time, I think you will realize that they did you a favor.... cause you will land on your boots!! I've watched you grow and mature a lot, since we've "met"...... hang in there ~ you've got big things a comin'.

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!