Wednesday, December 11, 2013

Miracle Fat Burner Recipe- All Ya Gotta Do Is Eat It!

You probably think I'm crazy for saying this, BUT all you have to do is eat this soup and you can lose weight.  Trust me, this is a miracle weight loss recipe all in one pot!  

It's been colder in Seattle than it has in over 15 years, so you know dadgum good and well I ain't been ridin' my bike. So I've been able to see the difference on the scale.  You may remember that I lost 20 lbs. this past summer eating right, riding my bike, and dancing.  I did it the old fashioned way, and it felt great.  I've since lost another 5 lbs, and I want to keep this weight off.  So with less exercise (I'm still dancing) and Christmas goodies on the way, I'm pulling out every weight loss recipe in the recipe journal.  


I made Stuffed Cabbage Soup a few days ago, and I've been eating it at least once a day.  Y'all I stepped on the scale today, and I lost 2 lbs.  NO JOKE!  All I did was eat this stuff, and I lost weight!  It's a MIRACLE FAT BURNER! 


Give it a whirl!  What have you got to lose?  HA!  




Stuffed Cabbage Soup

1 lb ground beef
1 head cabbage
1 onion
4 carrot stalks
4 ribs celery 
4 cloves garlic 
2 boxes of low sodium beef stock (love to get organic if they have it too)
1 28 oz. can whole tomatoes
1/2 small can of tomato paste
4-5 sprigs of fresh thyme 
1 bunch of parsley
2 bay leaves
1 package of Italian seasoning (next to Taco/Chili seasonings in grocery)
1 package of Lipton Onion soup mix 

In a large soup pot, brown the ground beef.  Then remove with a slotted spoon and set aside.  In same pot, saute roughly chopped onion, carrot, and celery.  DO NOT SALT.  You can open the Italian seasonings packet and use some of this to season as you go.  Add the garlic and let saute for about a minute.  Add the fresh thyme and bay leaves.  Add the tomato paste and stir until it incorporates with all of the vegetables.  

Add beef stock and deglaze the pot scraping up all the beefy bits from the bottom of the pan.  Add the ground beef back to the pot, then the whole tomatoes and both seasoning packets (Italian and onion soup mix).  

Finally add the thinly sliced cabbage.  And turn up the heat on the soup pot to medium high and let the soup come to a boil.  Then turn the heat down and let the soup simmer for 10 - 15 minutes.  

At the very end, chop the parsley and add to the pot.  

I serve this with crusty whole wheat bread.  It's VERY healthy, but yet it's filling.  

Remember, it's an "Eat TWO bowls and NOT feel guilty" kinda meal!  


ground beef. 

Like me on Facebook--> DeAnna Lee

Twitter-->  DeAnna Lee Dance

3 comments:

  1. your recipe shows 2 carrots and then 4 carrots did you make a mistake and leave something out of the receipe

    ReplyDelete
  2. Italian seasoning for what? Spaghetti sauce? Salad dressing? I've never just seen a packet of Italian Seasoning on it's own.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Replace the Lipton Onion Soup with fresh, chopped onions and use Italian Seasoning from the spice rack.

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!