Wednesday, December 11, 2013

No Guilt Baked Lemon Dijon Turkey Burger

With the holidays here it is more important than ever to be diligent about eating healthy.  Look we all know what is coming...Christmas and Momma's cookin'.  Last year for me I was hypnotized by the homemade Pimento Cheese.  I put it on every thing I ate, and you know where it ended up.  Oh yeah, taped on the side of my hips.  But I let myself indulge over the holidays, because on January 1st EVERY year I go on a very strict South Beach Phase 1 diet.  If you wanna undo the damage you've done over Christmas, this will melt away the fat.  If you want to know more about South Beach Phase 1, please ask me.  

I just want to make sure when I go into this "eating" holiday that I've done everything I can before it begins to eat as healthy as I can.


One of my go to proteins to accomplish this is ground turkey. You can turn it into just about anything.  Last night I had lemon and parsley on hand, so I grabbed the dijon mustard and got to work.  





No Guilt Baked Lemon Dijon Turkey Burger


1 lb. ground turkey 

1 lemon
1 1/2 tbsp. dijon mustard  
1/2 onion
1 carrot
2 cloves garlic 
1 cup parsley 
1/2 cup bread crumbs
1 egg 
salt and pepper
olive oil

Preheat oven to 400 degrees. 

Saute onions and carrots until softened.  Add garlic and saute one minute more.  Squeeze juice of lemon into pan.  Add dijon mustard and stir until incorporated.  Pour this mixture into a large bowl. 

Add the turkey and remaining ingredients to the large bowl. 




Mix together with your hands and form into four patties. Place on tin foil lined baking sheet.  Bake 15 minutes. 

I serve this with my favorite roasted veggies and eat an absolutely guilt free meal!  



Like me on Facebook-->  DeAnna Lee

Twitter-->  DeAnnaLeeDance


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!