Sunday, December 8, 2013

My Night as Guest Master of Ceremonies JBLM 62d Operations Support Squadron Holiday Party

It's not every day you get a call from the Air Force.  When I did, my eyes filled up with tears at their request.  They asked if I would like to be the Guest Master of Ceremonies for their JBLM 62d Operations Support Squadron Holiday Party!  At the time I wasn't exactly sure what all that would entail, but I knew it was an opportunity to show my support for the local military that I respect and admire so much.  

They also asked if my FBP would like to attend the party! Believe it or not, this would be the first time that we dressed up for an event TOGETHER.  I've seen my FBP dressed up for work events, and he's seen me do the same. But this was our first chance to get all gussied up and be together!    


The party was held at the Tradmark City Center in Tacoma, and the first person to greet me was Michelle Matern.  She is part of the Squadron Intelligence team.  Michelle and Juanita put this fun party together collecting all donations from local merchants for give aways.  Isn't she beautiful?  Michelle reminds me a movie star.  




Then I got to see my FBP!  He had to work, so we took separate vehicles.  When he walked into the party, my heart skipped a beat.  He looked so dapper! 




Can you tell I was having fun hosting the party? 




We had a delicious dinner and listened to Christmas music. And I had to get another pic or two of my fiance.  He's so handsome! 




One of the nicest people I met all night was Commander Col. Cooley and his wife Terese.  At one point we played a Scavenger Hunt, and Col. Cooley did not have a "military coin" in his pocket which means he has to buy everyone a drink.  A few moments later Col. Cooley let everyone know the bar was open!  He was keeping his word, sticking with tradition and buying anyone who wanted a drink!  What a great boss huh?! 

This is Col. Cooley with Michelle helping him give away the iPad mini.  Notice his "Ugly Christmas Sweater"!  You can't really tell in this picture, but the dadgum had blinking lights on it!



They also had a few of their airmen dress up as Santa and his elf.  These costumes are hilarious!  I love the hat on the lil' Elf!  



This is the table where I got to sit with Col. Philipart and Col. Cooley and their wives.  Everyone was so welcoming and nice to us.  We felt right at home.  



Check out my very own place card!  They really made us feel special all night. 



After we had dinner and gave away all the door prizes, I got a chance to socialize.  These are some of the ladies that shared with me that they were fans and will be "following me to my next adventure...whatever that may be".   



The hugs and the well wishes meant so much to me. 


  
I've gotta get me some of these "Intel" glasses!  They are so cool! 



Of course I gotta get ONE more pic of my sweet fiance!  He's just so cute sittin' there...all dressed up!  I can't wait to marry this man!  



Thank you to everyone in the 62d Operations Support Squadron at JBLM!  You are a fantastic group of people who know how to have fun!  Thank YOU for all that you do!  We love you and pray for God to bless you and your families! 

Merry Christmas!  

Follow me on Facebook --> DeAnna Lee

Twitter-->   DeAnnaLeeDance

2 comments:

  1. What an honor!! I'm glad that John was able to attend also. Y'all looked great all gussied up!!

    xo

    ReplyDelete

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!