Thursday, May 29, 2014

Cottage Cheese Veggie Crunch Wrap

After a long holiday weekend, I typically go meat free for a day or two...or let's be honest as long as I can stand it!  These teeth eat meat ok?  But over Memorial Day weekend, I ate my share of meat and then some.  So this is my way to detoxify after a few days of indulgence.  

This is a good lookin' start to a meal huh?  


This is made with low fat cottage cheese, but you can substitute meat for your protein.  I had a chicken breast in the fridge from our Memorial Day cookout, and my fiance doesn't eat cheese.  So I reheated it and chopped it up in cubes for the wrap.  He loved it! 

Now I LOVE cottage cheese and here's the beauty in all it's veggie glory! 


Here's what I did: 

Cottage Cheese Veggie Crunch Wrap

1 Garden Spinach Herb wraps/ tortilla
1 large leaf from a head of romaine lettuce
4 tbsp. veggie crunch mixture 
4 tbsp. 2 % cottage cheese
3 -4 grape tomatoes 

Veggie Crunch 

2 lemons
1 cup fresh basil
1 cup fresh parsley
3 - 4 multi-colored bell peppers (choose your favorite) 
2 carrots 
1 bunch of radishes 
1/2 red onion
1/2 tbsp. onion powder
1/2 tbsp. garlic powder
1 tsp. red pepper flake 
1 tbsp. olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Make your veggie crunch first.  Chop bell peppers, carrots, radishes, and red onion in small bite size uniform pieces then place in a large bowl.  Chop basil and parsley and add to the bowl.  Add the onion and garlic powder and red pepper flake. Then a little salt and pepper.  Zest the lemons and add to the bowl.  (I love that extra punch in flavor.) MIX EVERYTHING. Then juice both lemons over the veggie mixture.  Mix again then add the olive oil.  Taste and seasoning.  Add a little extra salt or pepper if you need it.  

Now you're ready to make your wrap! The danger is over filling it, but I do it anyway.  Then I eat the dagum thing with a fork and knife!  ;) 

Start with a Garden Spinach Herb tortilla, then lay a large romaine leaf length wise across the tortilla.  This is going to be the "boat" that holds your yumminess!  Add the veggie crunch mixture, top with cottage cheese, then add sliced tomatoes.  Roll that puppy up and enjoy a meat free dinner! 

I love this meal, because I feel so good after I eat it! Plus seconds is never a bad thing!  In fact it's recommended!  





No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!