Sunday, May 25, 2014

DeeLee's Dill Pickle Potato Salad

There's something about this time of year that makes you crave BBQ and potato salad!   But, I've got a picky eater at my house who doesn't eat cheese or mayo.  I don't really like to eat mayo either, but if it's disguised enough with other ingredients I can eat it... sometimes. 

So I had to develop a potato salad recipe that would make my no mayo eater come back for seconds!  

He loves pickles!! I call my fiance the "Pickle Hound".  We can't keep a jar in the house, because he will mow em' down as fast as I buy em'.   


DeeLee's Dill Pickle Potato Salad  (marinade below)

1 lb. baby potatoes (any kind) cut into quarters
1 zest of lemon 
1 cup fresh parsley 
1/2 red onion
3 ribs celery 
1 cup dill pickles chopped

Cut baby potatoes into quarters and place in a pot of cold water.  Bring to a boil and heavily salt the water.  You will not add salt again to the potatoes.  When potatoes are fork tender, remove from stove and drain.  

Meanwhile, chop all other ingredients and place into a large bowl.  Add drained potatoes to the bowl.  

Dill Pickle Marinade 

1/4 cup pickle juice
1 lemon juiced
3 - 4 tbsp. olive oil
3 - 4 tbsp. Dijon mustard
salt and pepper to taste (a pinch of each is what i used) 

Shake marinade together in a jar.  Add a tablespoon at a time to the potato salad.  DO NOT OVER DRESS THE SALAD.   It will become soggy.  So add a couple tablespoons, then taste it.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!