Sunday, May 25, 2014

Quick & Easy Sloppy Joes - For Night When You Need Someone Else to Cook!

Sometimes I work late, and I can't always make dinner.  On those nights, I pass the baton to my fiance.  He can man a mean grill and bake a serious frozen pizza, but I'm not always in the mood for grilled sausage or pizza.  

Last night I asked him if he would make us some Sloppy Joes!  It's quick, easy, AND if you use the right ingredients it can be healthy! 



Here's what my FBP (Favorite Bass Player-what I call my fiance) did: 

Sloppy Joes

1 can sloppy joe mix 
1 lb. ground turkey
2 garlic cloves
1/2 white onion
1 bell pepper
1 - 2 chipotle peppers 
1 bag of wheat buns 

Brown the ground turkey.  Then add the chopped onions and bell peppers.  Let them sweat for a few minutes, then add chopped garlic and chipotle peppers.  Then, add one can of sloppy joe mix!  

*Notice I did not add any salt to the recipe.  One thing about the sloppy joe mix in the can is that is has a lot of sodium and sugar, so you don't need to add any extra to the dish.  In a pinch, this recipe can get dinner on the table without having to eat fast food or frozen pizza.  

Done and DONE!  Easy, quick, AND healthy!  



No comments:

Post a Comment

Leave your comments for DeAnna Lee here!